Easy to use. Connect clips to the battery or connect to an installed SAE battery lead, then:
- Check battery charge level. A low battery cranks (starts engine) poorly.
- Start engine. OptiMate TEST records and indicates (for 20 sec) the lowest start volts.
- With engine running, verify charging voltage from alternator and voltage regulator.
TIP: Low charge voltage causes poor battery performance. Too high charge voltage causes excessive gassing and will eventually damage a lead-acid battery. Too high charge voltage is FATAL for a LiFePO4 starter battery!
The ultimate pocket tester for on-vehicle battery performance & alternator voltage testing that every service technician or gear head should have.
- Microprocessor accuracy
- Innovative heavy-duty connection system
- Compatible with standard SAE connectors
- Reliable weatherproof connection
- Thick copper 18 SWG cable
- Length: 100cm